BancFirst and Jones High School are partnering to afford our seniors the opportunity to serve as BancFirst Student Board of Directors.
The purpose of the BancFirst Student Board Program is to allow students a first-hand view of the operations of a bank, how a bank serves as an important community partner and allows students personal growth opportunities. Students will gain knowledge early in life regarding the importance of protecting their credit, banking issues, and other financial information. Additionally, students will give input into their banking needs and other topics that will help them plan for the future.
Lunch meetings will be held at BancFirst every month from September through April. To be eligible, the student must be a senior in high school with above average grades. Members will be chosen by high school faculty/staff committee based upon the applications submitted. Applications must be turned into the counselor’s office by September 6th, 2019.
- Meet 8 times during the year:1st meeting on September 18th, October-April: 1st Wednesday of each month
- Meetings last approximately one hour---from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. Lunch will be provided
- Transportation will be provided via school bus
- If you cannot make a meeting, please give 24 hours notice. Any school sponsored event will not count as a meeting absence.
STUDENT BOARD MEMBER BENEFITS
- You will receive $25 per meeting attended and a $50 bonus for perfect attendance.
- You will receive a BancFirst shirt and Yeti Cup
- Free Checking Account
- VIP access to the BancFirst personnel and a tour of the location.
- Professional development BancFirst is located in the majority of college towns throughout Oklahoma
This is a great opportunity for our seniors that are interested in serving on this student board. Jones High School Seniors that are interested in participating need to complete above application and turn into Mr. Moses or Mr. Watkins by September 6.